Compiling different stories, different people, different world
Want to include your stories here? Please email us at lakewood_zds@yahoo.com
Please include media (i.e. photos, videos or both) and your stories. We will be glad
to review your stories before posting.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Zamboanga del Sur: Restricted Swim at LakeWood Lake

Source: http://journeyingjames.com/2011/05/zamboanga-del-sur-restricted-swim-at-lakewood-lake/

All Waters Must Be Tested

I already conditioned my mind to swim at the lake of Lake Wood (brought my goggles too). I’m not amped with the sight of the nice swimming pools, as hundreds of pools surround me back in my hometown, Los Baños (literally many baths or many pools).

Kids pool at Alindahaw Resort with stunning view of the Zamboanga mountain ranges

























I was talking to the staff and the resort manager, Caryl, and asking permission to please allow me to swim. “NO” was the constant reply. They said, “It was for my own safety.”

Tweet: a little bit frustrated here alindahaw lakeview resort, they won’t allow me to swim in the lake. what will i blog about it? =(


Doc Wendell just enjoying the stunning view of the Lake



“But I want to experience the mysterious Lake of Lake Wood.” -journeyingjames

What will I write for my blog?
After 5 rejections, I mused to Sir Wendell that I want to go back to Pagadian. Maybe this is not really for me. Frustrated, I was asking myself, “Now, what will I blog about this resort?” Maybe the title, “A Frustrating Experience at Lake Lake Wood” or “Alindahaw Lakeview Resort: A Nice View (then place a sarcastic smiley here __________).”

We are about to leave already when the manager approach us, “Sir, I called my boss again and she allowed you to swim but you have to sign the waiver.”

I was hesitant; I think I already lost my excitement. It felt like “telling to your kid that he can join his friends on their road trip when they already left.” Sir Wendell said I should swim. And so this video is for you dear reader:



Tweet: after much prodding, i was allowed to swim at the lake. i did a video too swimming at lakewood

Some locals we interviewed told us that they don’t swim there, some even said that the lake takes the lives of people who dare swim (good thing, I learned about this after the video).

I think the manager allowed me because they trusted my travel buddy. Thanks to Sir Wendell’s connections! You’re the best Sir!

How to get to Alindahaw Lakeview Resort:
There is a van terminal at Pagadian City (in front of Best Emporium Bldg. near the public market). Take the van going to Lake Wood (Fare: Php 70). Alindahaw Lakeview Resort is about an hour ride from Pagadian.


No comments:

Post a Comment